Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Red Lentil Curry


If you are new to red lentils, this is an easy and delicious recipe from All Recipes to try. Click here for the recipe. Although the ingredient list appears long, most of it consists of spices, so if your spices are well organized this recipe will come together in a flash.

The only changes I made to this recipe were 1) substituting olive oil spray for the 1 Tablespoon of oil, and 2) reducing the curry paste to 1Tablespoon which I strongly recommend unless you have a gut of steel. I also used Penzey's sweet curry powder for curry powder called for. This recipe is so incredibly tasty, I could barely believe it was so easy the first time I tried it. It has become one of my standby recipes for busy days. The photo shows it served unconventionally, with quinoa on a bed of steamed kale.